Participants at interzum @home 2021 can now submit their technical innovations, state-of-the art materials and exciting product innovations for the interzum award: intelligent material & design 2021. The global furniture supply industry is invited to face the worldwide comparison until 12 April 2021. The competition is organised for the 11th time by Koelnmesse in cooperation with Red Dot.
Participation in the interzum award 2021 is free of charge
The interzum award: intelligent material & design is aimed exclusively at participants of interzum @home 2021. They can enter their innovations and detailed solutions in the competition immediately and free of charge, submitting one or more products. This year, submissions will only be accepted digitally.
Registrations are possible in the following categories:
Function & Components
Lamps and (digital) lighting systems, semi-finished products for cabinet, kitchen, office and modular furniture, fittings, (digital) locks, built-in parts, hinges, connectors, etc.
Materials & Nature
Wood, veneers, parquet flooring, interior works, decorative surfaces, decor papers, laminates, wood-based panels, laminated plastic, mineral materials, edges, surface treatments, embossing cylinders, sheet metals, natural materials, press plates, etc.
Textile & Machinery
Machines for manufacturing upholstery and mattresses, upholstery materials, upholstery accessories, cover fabrics, leather, adhesives, temperature and humidity sensors for mattresses, smart textiles (light conducting or similar), etc.
Six jurors evaluate submissions
A jury evaluates all competition entries with regard to their design quality, their innovative potential and aspects such as sustainability or a meaningful integration of digital components. A total of six jurors will jointly decide on the submissions after testing and discussing them. Together they will award the prize for “High Product Quality” and recognise outstanding achievements that set new standards as “Best of the Best”.
- Martin Auerbach: General Manager of the Association of the German Home Textile Industry and, within the framework of a cooperation with Association of Interior Privacy and Sun Protection and the Association of the Mattress Industry, its Managing Director, Wuppertal
- Martin Beeh: Founder and owner of beeh_innovation, initiator "materials cologne - The Conference for Design and Innovation", and university lecturer for Design Management, Cologne
- Annette Lang: Designer, Annette Lang Product Design, Wiesbaden
- Dick Spierenburg: Designer, spierenburg studio, Tienhoven
- Professor Martin Stosch: Lecturer on industrial furniture making in the Production Engineering and Wood Technology department, Technical OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Lemgo
- Professor Dr. Peter Zec: Founder and president of Red Dot, Essen
Dates interzum award: intelligent material & design 2021
- Entries deadline: 12 April 2021
- Adjudication: 20 April 2021
- Notification: 21 & 22 April 2021
- Online award ceremony: 4 May 2021
- Online exhibition of all awarded products: from 4 May 2021
Further information and registration